Welcome to Scenic Rim Escape’s media section
Our region – part of Brisbane’s backyard and the Gold Coast hinterland – is rapidly evolving as a sought after tourism destination for romantic getaways, weekend escapes and short-break experiences, within an hour to 90 minutes of our major city airports.
In the cool of a Spring afternoon on Saturday, 26 November (3pm to 7pm), Tommerup’s Farm in the Scenic Rim’s Kerry Valley will swing open the farm gates for a Gourmet in Gumboots Christmas on the farm.
Spend an afternoon on our farm feeding our animals, watch the afternoon milking and browse the market stalls where you can meet the producers and stock up on unique Christmas gifts and delicacies.
Taste gourmet treats from Scenic Rim farmers and producers and while away the afternoon relaxing on the farm.
Perfect for a staff Christmas get together, Christmas shopping with a difference or just an afternoon on the farm with the family. More >>
- [PDF – Gourmet in Gumboots Christmas at Tommerup’s Farm – Saturday, 26 November / 3pm to 7pm]
- [Image – Local larrikans at play!]
A Queensland father and son (John & Innes Larkin) were presented with the 2016 Australian Search and Rescue Award at an event hosted by the Western Australia Police in Fremantle tonight (Thursday, 20 October). More >>
- [PDF – Mount Barney caretakers awarded search and rescue accolade.. – 20th October 2016]
- [Image – 3 Generations of Larkins]
- [Image – John & Innes Larkin, Father & Son]
- [Image – Award Presentation with QPS Snr Seargent Jim Whitehead and AMSA CEO Mick Kinley]