Savour the old world charm, spacious rooms and perfect location, as you choose the best ways to explore nearby World Heritage Lamington National Park and Mount Tamborine, from this affordable Gold Coast Hinterland bed and breakfast boutique guesthouse.
Only a short drive from the coast or Brisbane, Baggs of Canungra has created five romantic bedrooms, which exude wholesome period charm. French doors lead to private verandahs and timber features add to the feel. Ducted air-conditioning feeds through the house to make your stay relaxed and pleasant.
Points of interest
- The central lounge room, with it's cozy winter fire, is the perfect spot to curl up with a book from Baggs extensive library. There's also board games for family holiday fun.
- For warm days, the pool and outdoor BBQ are quite the place to be. Ducted air-conditioning also feeds through the house to make your stay relaxed and pleasant.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room or you can choose to enjoy it "alfresco" just outside your room on the screened verandah.
- Baggs of Canungra's tropical, continental breakfast includes a wide selection of fresh bread, cereals, juice, yoghurt, spreads, a wonderful fruit platter and bottomless tea/coffee pots.
- Baggs of Canungra guesthouse location is a strong drawcard: this Scenic Rim Bed and Breakfast is sited at the so-called gateway to Lamington National Park - after a spectacular drive into the mountains, you'll find well-formed walking tracks through rainforests, past waterfalls and along pristine creeks.
Things to do nearby
- The Gold Coast Hinterland 's Lamington National Park is world famous and boasts a huge range of rare and protected vegetation and Australian wildlife. While you're there, why not also visit the historic O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat Cafe or make the trip to Binna Burra - another key jewel in the Queensland bushwalking crown
- Pick-up the Hinterland's food and wine trail at Caungra, starting at with wine-tasting Canungra Valley Vineyards. Beside the historic Queenslander house is a pristine little creek, well-known for it's platypus. Sarabah Estate winery is also close by and so is the award winning Albert River Winery on Tamborine Mountain.
- In the other direction, a favorite drawcard for rail-buffs is Lahey's tramway tunnel. This historic attraction forms part of the captivating stories of the pioneer timber getters and the adventurers built Canungra township. A visit to Canungra's information centre will give you more details on the many exciting attractions you will encounter nearby.