Barney Creek Vineyard Cottages, Mt Barneyboutique vineyard, romantic escape, self-contained cottage accommodation
Relax, unwind, indulge: that’s the catch-cry of this delightfully different Mt Barney cottage retreat and boutique vineyard. Set at the end of country lane, Barney Creek Vineyard Cottages is just isolated enough to get away from everything, yet still only 90 minutes form Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Barney Creek’s intimate wine tasting experience and little vineyard is a boutique, away-from-the-crowds Scenic Rim wine tour attraction — many visitors choose to extend the experience, staying at one of the Barney Creek’s three holiday cottages:
Points of interest
- The Lakeside Bungalow is a secluded romantic couple's getaway, perched on the edge of a little lake and with views to the peaks of Mt Barney. Enjoy a sunken spa, wood fire and jetty.
- The Hill Station sits high on the hill and offers 360-degree mountain views from every window. Enjoy a four poster bed, double spa and wood heater in winter.
- The 'Garden Cottage' is more suited to families and groups of friends. There's three bedrooms and a huge living room, also with a wood fired heater.
- Relax with a good book, listen to the sounds of the birds, or explore Barney Creek's vineyard and along the edge of the two creeks which run through the secluded property.
- Beds and Reds - Food and wine are a high priority for guests to Barney Creek Vineyard - think picnic hampers, wine tasting, antipasto platters and sumptuous cook-it-yourself meal hampers on order.
Things to do nearby
- Explore nearby Mt Barney National Park or venture to the Border Ranges National Park
- learn to make wood-fired pizza at our local cooking school
- follow the Scenic Rim Wine Trail and sample local wines
- stop for lunch in Boonah, Rathdowney and our other quaint little country towns
- visit their art galleries and museums or for the more wild and adventurous, try your hand at bush walking, abseiling, rock climbing and horse riding