Bush-style camping on the edge of the Logan River, where the kids can spend the day playing in the creek while you enjoy a spot of fishing or relaxing with a book.
Only an hour and a half from both the Gold Coast and Brisbane, Bigriggen Park is far enough to “get away” for a Scenic Rim camping holiday, yet close enough to spend less time travelling and more time enjoying – perfect for that weekend escape!
Relax and unwind amid peaceful surroundings and natural wonders just waiting to be explored. Bigriggen Park is set on 100 acres of high hilltops and gentle river flats, surrounded by National Parks and bordered by the Logan River and Burnett Creek.
Bigriggen’s camp ground is popular with both families, groups and couples, looking to spend quality time together.
There’s plenty to keep you occupied, including bush walking, fishing, cycling and swimming … or simply relax and immerse in Bigriggen’s natural wonders.
Points of interest
- Bigriggen Park's well-stocked kiosk is open 8.00am-6.00pm, supplying bread, milk, ice, soft drinks, ice-creams, firewood, gas. Refills, etc. - if you forgot it, we more than likely we have it!
- Bigriggen Park’s amenities building, with hot showers, flushing toilets and dump point makes your camping experience that much more pleasurable!
- Bigriggen Park offers level, grassy, non-powered camping with plenty of shade, without the restriction of small designated sites. Easy access for caravans, buses and motorhomes.
- Experience an abundance of wildlife - tree frogs, goannas, parrots, possums, bandicoots, wallabies and platypus. Bigriggen Chooks, (and their fresh, free-range eggs) are also favourites!
- Night fall brings its own exciting discoveries, including nocturnal wildlife and satellite spotting, cooking, conversation and relaxation around the campfire - it can’t get any better that that!
Things to do nearby
- Rathdowney is a short 10 minute drive from Bigriggen, and the nearby Mt Barney National Park is popular for bushwalking.
- Bigriggen Park can advise and supply tourist information, including maps and directions on the many drives, towns and places of interest to visit in the area.
- To learn more and for bookings, visit Bigriggen's website.