InterNATIONAL PARKtours specialises in indulgent guided Scenic Rim short-break experiences, which take-in our spectacular region by bus and on-foot, visiting national-parks, country towns and local treasures.
Secrets of the Scenic Rim is a six-day, five-night, small-group tour – an opportunity to walk amongst our region’s spectacular landforms, sample fresh produce, meeting artists and local characters along the way.
The Great Walk – a Queensland long-distance walking trail – is a five-day guided experience, exploring the mountains, waterfalls and forests of Australia’s ‘Green Cauldron’, including Lamington and Springbrook national parks.
Points of interest
- Secrets of the Scenic Rim showcases all of our region's World Heritage national parks and incorporates opportunities to meet local olive growers, farmers, artists, as well as wine and cheese makers.
- The Great Walk is an opportunity to immerse in two distinct types of Australian forest - the lush verdant growth of our iconic Gondwana rainforest and the beauty of the stereo-typical Australian bush, dominated by eucalypt forest. Your guide will also help identify bird and Australian wildlife in its native habitat.
- Relax each night in comfortable family-owned eco-lodge, chalet and motel accommodation, enjoying local food and flavours of the Scenic Rim and Gold coast hinterland.
- InterNATIONAL PARKtours specialises in small-group travel, with an average tour size of around 10-15. Expect half and full-day walks, but we do also spend time meeting locals, tasting regional food and immersing in the culture and history of the Scenic Rim.
- Our guides are dedicated, informative people who share their passion and knowledge on local history, culture, wildlife & topography. Our journeys are designed to safeguard the ecosystems; benefit the communities we visit and contribute to the sustainability of destinations.
Things to do nearby
- After your tour, consider extending your stay - look for accommodation close to our national parks or in our quaint townships.
- Enjoy days spent in seclusion, exploring and swimming in cool mountain streams in the privacy of off-the-beaten track accommodation or relish time spent exploring our townships, and uncovering hand-crafted treasures in our boutique shops, galleries and antique barns.