The award-winning Spicers Peak Lodge is a stunning private venue for weddings, conferences, management meetings and executive retreats — close to Brisbane, but far from the crowds.
Set on the crest of a mountain, with expansive views of the surrounding World Heritage Listed Main Range National Park and Great Dividing Range, Spicers Peak Lodge is an exclusive retreat. Its 10 suites only sleep 26 people, but the lodge can cater for up to 100 day guests, ensuring a truly amazing atmosphere.
Points of interest
- Couples can hold their wedding ceremony anywhere on the property, usually followed by pre-dinner drinks and canapés, and then a seven-course degustation dinner. A baby-grand piano sits in the lounge, ready for a professional pianist to entertain.
- The private location of the lodge also makes it a popular venue for board and senior management meetings, as well as incentives and executive retreats. Spicer's Peaks has two fully equipped meeting rooms, each seating up to 12 people, with state of the art conference facilities and a variety of breakout areas.
- The lodge can be booked exclusively for conferences and – if booked exclusively for 20 people or more – there is no charge for unoccupied Private Lodge. Spicer's Peak is two hours' drive SW of Brisbane. Helicopter transfers are available from Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
- Spicers Peak Lodge Restaurant is well recognised as an outstanding culinary experience - the restaurant and chef Ashley Martin achieved two stars in the Queensland Food and Wine Guide 2010 and won multiple awards and accolades, including Best Fine Dining Restaurant in the 2011 Tourism Queensland Awards.
- Naturally the wine list at Spicers Peak Lodge Restaurant matches the calibre of the cuisine. Both are strongly inspired by the Scenic Rim and Granite Belt regions with chef and sommelier working together to create perfect matches. The degustation menu is evidence of this harmony.
Things to do nearby
- Spicer's Station adjoins world-heritage listed Main Range National Park - enjoy the guided experience of a Spicers Private Walk or find your own way through the park.
- Winery Trail - Spicers Peak is not far from the Western Scenic Rim food and wine trail. Visit award-winning vineyards and delight in gourmet cuisine at winery and other restaurants along the way.