The Scenic Rim Trail Hike – By Spicers, is a 4-day/3-night guided eco-adventure, that explores all the beauty and diversity of the Scenic Rim and the Great Dividing Range. Located approximately one hour from Brisbane CBD, you will experience a stunning collection of vast mountain ranges, escarpments, forests and ancient volcanic plateaus.
The Scenic Rim Trail Hike, is an all-inclusive experience and provides guests with the following in the total cost:
- All meals & beverages
- All accommodation
- Transfers from Spicers Balfour Hotel in Brisbane
- Day pack, water bottle, water bladder, hat, coffee/tea mug
- Experienced and knowledgeable guides
- Luggage portage
Price: $2,290 per person twin share or $2,490 single share
** Please note: The Scenic Rim Trail Hike is graded as moderate to hard
Each evening you will be treated to beautiful accommodation, with your first two nights spent at Spicers Canopy, a true ‘glamping’ experience. Complete with 10 permanent safari style tents with plush king (or twin) beds, polished timber floors, a private deck area with chairs & a Spicers bathrobe to keep you comfortable at night.
There is also a hot tub on the property with a magnificent view of Mount Mitchell, plus a large fire pit, that is perfect to roast marshmallows and share the days’ stories.
Your third night will be spent at the luxurious Spicers Peak Lodge, situated 1100 meters above sea level, on top of Cedar Mountain. Tonight, you will enjoy a delectable degustation dinner with paired wines, finishing your experience with us in the best way possible.
Both Spicers Canopy and the Scenic Rim Trail Hike are Advanced Eco-Tourism accredited, meaning that we are part of Australia’s leading and most innovative ecotourism products which operate with minimal impact on the environment. At Spicers we feel extremely fortunate to be able to live in a land that provides us with such an abundance of natural treasures.
Our objective is to create both retreats and eco-adventures that deliver a unique sense of relaxed luxury but also exist alongside and in harmony with nature.
Join us on INSTAGRAM
Points of interest
- Walks are tailored to your fitness level - beginners to intermediate walkers enjoy the Spicers Gap History Walk, while Spicers Refuge Adventure Walk offers more experienced walkers greater challenge.
- Spicer's Private Walks guide Russell spent most of his life living out of a swag and he has tales galore to recount about the indigenous and pioneering history of the area, as well as some bush poetry. Russell is the perfect guide to help you explore these historic trails and pristine wilderness.
- Each evening enjoy returning to Spicers Canopy eco-luxury campsite with your luggage pre-delivered to fully-furnished, safari-style tents and all drinks and meals prepared by a personal chef.
- On the final day, return to Spicers Peak Lodge for a night of pure luxury and fine dining, again with all luggage transported ahead of you. Spicer Peaks Lodge is well-known for its famous seven course degustation dinner with complementary wine list.
- All walks include:
- An experienced guide offering knowledgeable commentary
- Small group sizes – a maximum of 10 walkers
- All meals and drinks
- A backpack plus a wet weather drizabone
- Flexibility to cater for all fitness levels
Things to do nearby
- Spicers Private Walks take place on Spicers Station - 9000 acres of nature refuge area, working cattle station and exclusive eco-accommodation.
- Spicers Station adjoins world-heritage Main Range National Park, known for its stunning scenic views, pockets of rainforest and iconic eucalypt Australian bush.