Thunderbird Park – your rainforest adventure destinationactivities, Adventure, bushwalking, challenge, flying fox, horse riding, kids activities, min golf, ropes, skirmish, swimming, thunderegg, zipline
Adventure joins nature at Thunderbird Park on Tamborine Mountain. Come for the day or stay and play. Thunderbird Park is the perfect destination for people who want to have fun in the great outdoors. The range of onsite adventures appeal to people of all ages, families and corporate groups.
Adventurers can take the Tree Top Challenge high ropes course, feel the ultimate adrenalin rush on the new Canyon Flyer zipline or play laser skirmish in a jungle village.
Tree Top Challenge adventures range from relatively easy to seriously challenging. Choose your challenge and enjoy hours of high adventure. Hang on to the ropes and take a flying fox ride through towering trees, crawl through tunnels, play action movie jungle games and tumble through the air.
The Canyon Flyer is big news for adrenalin junkies everywhere. Be one of the first to take the region’s most extreme adventure and Australia’s largest guided zipline rainforest canopy tour.
Hit the heights on the seven zip lines zigzagging Cedar Creek Canyon. Take it to the top at 60 metres above ground and 70 klms an hour. Feel the thrill as you fly across the canyon again and again.
The zipline tour takes about three hours and includes up to 10 adventurers. This ride of a lifetime begins with a fantastic 4WD experience. Live it high, live it fast, see it now via our video below.
Laser Skirmish is more fun than paintball – no paint and no pain. Kit up in camouflage gear and face paint, zap your mates with a laser tag. Those who dare win this tactical combat game.
Relax in the rainforest, go bushwalking, horse riding, take a dip in the natural rock pools, play mini golf on the championship course or hunt for gemstone filled thundereggs formed when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
Points of interest
- View the scenery on horseback. Novice and experienced riders can trot through mountain rainforest and bushland. Pony rides can be arranged for the younger members of the family.
- Thunderbird Park is a wildlife and geological oasis. Find treasure in the world's largest thunderegg mine and take home a piece of Queensland. Explore the natural bushland, see rare birds, butterflies and Australian native animals including a platypus in their natural habitat. It’s fun and educational.
- One day isn’t enough to enjoy all the adventures. Stay on a shaded campsite under the stars on the banks of Cedar Creek or book in to the modern bunkhouses. Thunderbird Park shares the rainforest property with Cedar Creek Lodges. Holidaymakers can choose to stay in a stylish two bedroom lodge, a contemporary room or a larger family holiday home.
- Most holiday packages include breakfast; lodges and holiday homes have self-catering facilities and there are dining venues on site. Thunderbird Terrace serves drinks meals and snacks from early morning until late afternoon daily. Enjoy Breakfast with the Birds in the Rainforest Restaurant or book a table for dinner in the licensed restaurant.
Things to do nearby
- Take a walk through beautiful rainforest at The Knoll National Park.
- See hang gliders and para-gliders leap from the Rotary lookout on Sunday mornings.
- Stroll along Gallery Walk and shop for gifts, homewares and jewellery.
- Visit the weekend markets
- Take a tour of the wineries and see Australia’s smallest operating distillery on Beacon Road