Albert River Wines, Tamborineboutique winery Tamborine, Vineyard restaurant, wedding venue, wine tasting
A Vineyard Restaurant, overlooking lush vines and with panoramic views of Tamborine Mountain and the Gold Coast Hinterland, a beautiful wedding chapel and boutique cellar door tastings – Albert River Wines is an award-winning boutique Scenic rim winery experience, set high on a hill in the picturesque Albert Valley and descending down to the banks of the Albert River.
Visitors enjoy cellar-door wine tasting in an historic Queensland homestead, where you can also dine in style on the wide sweeping verandahs. Albert River wines is also home to an original Luthern Chapel, perfect for traditional style wedding ceremonies.
Points of interest
- Boutique wineries are by definition those whose wines only available directly through the winery - such is the case with Albert River Wines, so a trip to their cellar door is definitely a worthwhile experience.
- Albert River's winemaker Peter Scudamore-Smith is one of only two “Master of Wines” in Queensland. More impressive, there are only 17 Master of Wines in Australia and just 278 worldwide.
- Albert River Wines offers a choice of wedding ceremony locations, including Garden Gazebos, an ornately restored Vineyard Chapel and a unique opportunity for Vows amongst the Vines, where you can pledge your love surrounded by the beautiful ambience of lush grape vines and the panoramic Mountain Views (just perfect accompanied by a solo instrumentalist).
- Onsite wedding receptions are held in the historic Auchenflower House Ballroom or Tamborine House Verandah, which boast stunning 1800’s architectural design and sweeping views of the vineyard, manicured gardens and the mountains of Tamborine beyond.
- At Albert River Wines many families also enjoy a glimpse of farm life - our Tamborine Station Farm Tours will uncover the history of Tamborine, our vineyards and you'll experience an authentic sheep dog demonstration. Also try your hand at whip cracking, learn how to throw a boomerang, and hand feed the barnyard animals. Tours operate from 2:00pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday or for groups by appointment.
Things to do nearby
- Albert River Wines is part of the Gold Coast hinterland wine trail. You'll find many other wineries in this part of the Scenic Rim and also to the west of our region.
- Enjoy Scenic drives through open grazing land and prime equestrian paddocks, as well as our rugged mountain ranges, where you'll find world-heritage listed national park with some of the best bushwalks in Australia.
Albert River Winery's Cellar Door and Restaurant are open daily from 10:00am, with live entertainment every Saturday and Sunday lunch. They also cater for all types of functions, large and small, for weddings, social or corporate events.