See wild kangaroos, koalas, platypus, bowerbirds , cockatoos, frogs and much more – an Araucaria Eco tour is an opportunity to learn from the experts about Australia’s birds and other wildlife, as you discover local species in the wild and others in good captive settings.
- Australian forests and wildlife day-tour – Visit three famous Australian forest types: rainforest, eucalypt and tea-tree. See wild kangaroos, wallabies, fruitbats, many birds and butterflies, and in warm months also reptiles. See koalas in captivity with a possibility of also finding wild ones. Walk to a waterfall in the forest and visit a cave with glow worms. Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee under the gum trees, and an opportunity to sample local wine. Learn a lot in a very short time about Australian animals and their ecology and behaviour in this zoologist-designed tour.
- Birdwatching Day tours – Southeast Queensland is one of the richest regions of Australia in terms of bird species. Every raptor of Australia and around half of all Australian bird species has at some time been seen here. Choose from one day or longer tours, designed for complete novices or experienced birders.
- Wildlife Tours depart Brisbane and include an opportunity to almost-always see wild red-necked wallabies, sometimes swamp wallabies, and – if lucky – wild koalas. Before dropping you back to your accommodation or transport on darkness, you will look for possums, owls and other nocturnal creatures.
Points of interest
- Bushwalking in Lamington NP and other south-east Queensland parks - Araucaria's emphasis is mostly on gentle walks, stopping to look at flowers, insects, birds and other wildlife along the way.
- Araucaria specialises in small groups (usual maximum is ten) and upholds the ideals of ecotourism. All tours have achieved achieved advanced eco-accreditation
- Araucaria Eco Tours offers personalised tours for all ages and fitness levels, with many tours departing Brisbane. Choose a pre-planned itinerary or let Araucaria custom design a tour for you.
- Araucaria Ecotours is a family venture run by Ronda, Denis and Darren Green since 1997.Ronda has a doctorate in zoology and many years of experience in ecological research and nature interpretation
- Araucaria also operates a small Wildlife Ecology Centre, suitable for families, conference tours, 'grey nomads', amateur naturalists, universities, schools, scouts and other special interest groups.
Things to do nearby
- Arauracia's tours can depart Brisbane of the Gold Coast and many conclude in Lamington NP where you can extend your stay by overnighting in nearby accommodation or camping.
- Mt Tamborine is also a popular shopping and gallery precinct, with cafes, boutiques and other attractions.
- Sightseeing - our compact area offers a number of attractive day trip drives to attractiosn and other national parks.