Set in some of the Scenic Rim’s most beautiful countryside at the foot of Mt Tamborine, Clandulla’s Cottages are popular both as a romantic weekend getaway and for family farm-stay holidays, where the children run free and giggle loudly as they delight in feeding the animals.
Only an hour from Brisbane and an easy 40 minutes from the Gold Coast, Clandulla Cottages has carefully crafted a range of accommodation to suit most people who visit, depending on if you’re looking for a family adventure holiday or just a peace and relaxation.
Points of interest
- For romantics, the Camelot suite is a step back in time, with a luscious four-poster timber bed and the Rose Cottage was built with romance in mind. It is decadent and luxurious.
- For families, the Mexicano suite is designed with lots of space to spread out and the Okotoks is a mini-suite, ideal for mum, dad and a small child.
- Clandulla's cottages and suites all have well equipped kitchens, luxury mattresses and quality linen. Large wide decks and huge windows showcase the picturesque country views and provide a special place to soak up the fresh mountain air.
- Twice a day guests - particularly children - look forward to feeding the animals with hosts David and Lorna, who're renowned for their friendly welcome and advice.
- A continental breakfast is included in your stay and on Saturday night Lorna cooks up a storm and guests can choose to eat heartily on Candulla's restaurant deck.
Things to do nearby
- Clandulla Cottages is a little too far from anywhere to pop out for dinner, but it is close enough for plenty of exciting and varied day trips.
- Follow the trail of Scenic Rim wineries or venture to Mt Tamborine where can visit the Rainforest Discovery Skywalk, Thunderbird park glowworm caves, explore the many galleries, shops and cafes
- Take a stroll or a more challenging bushwalk through our National Parks to immerse in the Scenic Rim's rainforests, waterfalls and other natural attractions.
- Relatively close by you'll discover Tamborine NP, World Heritage Lamington NP and Springbrook NP, where you'll find the incredible glow worms of Natural Arch.
- If you head the other direction, make sure to look into the Scenic Drives around Beaudesert, Boonah, Rathdowney and south to Lost World Valley.