Classi di Cucina – Italian cooking classeshome-made gelati, relaxing things to do, wood-fire pizza class
Classi di Cucina Italiana is gaining a reputation as a mecca for cooking enthusiasts, looking to learn the secrets of Italian cooking, in a wonderfully atmospheric relaxed Australian country-side setting. Some visitors come on recommendation: for others it’s a delightful discovery, during a family holiday or weekend away, close to Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Set in the Australian bush near Mt. Barney, Classi di Cucina Italiana carefully blends the essence of Italian cooking with an Australian twist and high-quality fresh local produce, including delicious olives, herbs and honey from the Mt Barney area.
Points of interest
- Classi di Cucina Italiana owners Desley and Pietro Agnoletto are well qualified - they started Brisbane's famous Schonell Pizza Caffe, becoming well-known for their A to Z menu of gourmet pizzas and memorable minestrone soup.
- Italian food has a significant place in the evolution of Australian cuisine and the Agnolettos' personal style, with their charming country-setting is what sets this Scenic Rim cooking school experience apart.
- Wood-fired pizza-making is a favourite with visitors, including the secrets of a great dough and how to prepare exceptionally tasty toppings. Home-made pasta is also an option which tempts lots of visitors.
- If you aren’t interested in pizza or pasta making, Classi di Cucina Italiana also offers other Italian traditional dishes e.g. gnocchi, risotto and many more.
- They have the biggest private sculpture garden in the Scenic Rim with sculptors by local and international artists. For more information, go to Classi di Cucina Italiana's website or phone (07) 5544 1008.