Eighteen Mile Cottage & HomesteadFamily accommodation, friendly, groups, holiday accommodation, luxury, private accommodation, river access, romantic accommodation
Located only a pleasant 1.5 hr drive from both Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and situated in the beautiful Lost World Valley, part of the Scenic Rim, Qld. Spoil yourself to a truly scenic country getaway, staying in either our tastefully decorated 1920’s two bedroom cottage (sleeps 4) nestled beside the Albert River, or our spacious family friendly six bedroom homestead (sleeps 14), with large in-ground swimming pool.
Points of interest
- Cottage (2 bedrooms): Charming and romantic with plenty of character. Has large spa bath and spacious rear deck. Air-con. T.V. DVD. C.D player. River and mountain areas on the property to explore. Outdoor firepit area.
- Homestead (6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms): Very roomy, comfortable and tastefully decorated. Great for large families or groups. Two lounge/living rooms. Well equipped kitchen and laundry. In-ground swimming pool, table tennis, indoor and outdoor fireplace areas. Air-con. T.V. DVD. C.D player.
- Linen and cleaning cost included in rate.
- High chair and cots (please pre-arrange if required)
- Like to bring a pet? Please check with us first.
Things to do nearby
- Bush walking tracks are located on the Eighteen Mile Property, offering stunning views of Darlington and the Lost World Valley. There are also beautiful river areas to explore which could include some swimming, rock hopping, fishing (please bring fishing lines/gear), picnics etc...
- Lamington National Park – located only 3 km (approx) from Eighteen Mile.
- O’Reilly’s Lamington National Park - by vehicle, the trip from Eighteen Mile to O’Reilly’s takes approx 1hr 20mins travelling via Beaudesert. A shorter (approx 40 min) 4WD dirt road is also an option.
- Tamborine Mountain: By vehicle, the trip from Eighteen Mile to Tamborine Mountain takes approx 50mins, travelling via Beaudesert.
- Darlington Park: Located approx 6 km’s north of (before reaching) Eighteen Mile. The closest shop for small goods such as milk, bread, ice-cream etc.. The park also offers Lorikeet feeding times – free of charge.