Gondwana Guidesbirdwatching, lamington NP tours, Queensland national park tours, rainforest tours, twitchers tours
Twice-named ‘Eco Guide of the Year’ by Ecotourism Australia, Gondwana Guides’ Barry Davies is one of the most experienced nature tour operators in the region, with a particular passion for birds and wildlife of Lamington National Park.
Guests can join Gondwana’s pre-organised Lamington NP tours from Brisbane or the Gold Coast or ask owner/operator Barry to custom-design a tour for you or your group.
Points of interest
- Gondwana's Lamington NP Rainforest Birding Tour is a full day or two-day experience at either Binna Burra or O’Reilly’s and in the surrounding open forests. Highlights: Albert’s Lyrebird, Satin and Regent Bowerbirds, Noisy Pitta, Green Catbird, Paradise Riflebird, Wompoo Pigeon, King Parrot, Rose Robin, 3 spp of Scrub-wren, Logrunner and many more.
- Gondwana's Gold Coast and Hinterland one day 'Habitats Tour.' travels from Mountains to Mangroves and Wetlands to Mudflats, it's all possible in a day. 120 species have been seen on this tour, including Pale-headed Rosella, King Parrot, Regent Bowerbird, Mangrove Gerygone, Double-barred Finch, Logrunner, Eastern Whipbird, Large-billed Scrub-wren, Wandering Whistling Duck, 3 spp of Fairy-Wren and Speckled Warbler.
- Five day 'Best of the South-east' - If you want to see over a quarter of all Australia's bird species, than this is for you. Includes two nights staying in Lamington NP and two nights at Girraween NP. Some expected species: Red-rumped Parrot, Turquoise Parrot, Diamond Firetail Finch, Cockatiel, Whistling Kite, Wedge-tailed Eagle, Brown Tree-creeper, Weebill, Yellow-tufted Honeyeater, White-winged Chough, Spotted Pardalote, Plum-headed Finch and Albert’s and Superb Lyrebird.
- Gondwana Guides also provide specialist walking, birdwatching and bird photography tours with interNational Park tours, Birding Services Brisbane and wildlife photographer Michael Snedic.
- Barry has been based in Beechmont on the edge of Lamington National Park for 30 years and is recognised as an authority on all aspects of the natural history of Lamington NP and the Scenic Rim.