The Lost World Instameet – part of a Qld world record attempt
Scenic Rim‘s Lost World is a photographer’s paradise, only 90 minutes from Brisbane and the Gold Coast – a place where rugged mountains and crystal-clear rainforest waterways blend with charming farm communities and the characters who live them.
What better location to participate in Queensland’s ‘Best Instameet in the World‘ event on October 4, 2014 – even with your family.
What is an Instameet?
Instameets are gatherings of professional photographers, hobbyists and those who just enjoy snapping away and posting their images to the social media app Instagram.
Instameets are a world-wide social media phenomenon – a great way to meet other like-minded people at captivating locations. They’re also an opportunity to learn and be inspired by how others might photograph the same place at the same time.
The Lost World’s event is just one of many simultaneous gatherings across the state on October 4, as part of @Queensland’s ‘Best Instameet in the World’. Organisers hope the combined attendance will outdo the world record for the biggest Instameet.
How can I get involved?
The Lost World Instameet Journey is a roving event designed for for photographers and their families.
Spend the day with us or drop-in to a snippet of our Instameet Journey, which includes spots for byo morning tea, lunch and a swim.
To participate, post to Instagram with the hashtags #thelostworld #scenicrim and #thisisqueensland
You need to register your attendance to ensure its counted towards the world-record
Remember to bring a hat, sunscreen, a drink and possibly morning tea and lunch (there are no nearby shops/cafes).Lost-World-Tourist-Drive-Map.pdf (103 downloads)
** Please only attend the venues at the times below. Closed shoes are compulsory for those attending the milking and animal feeding events.
Points of interest
- 7 to 8am -- Milking time at Crebra Farmhouse Dairy location - 2179 Kerry Rd Kerry (number 2 on the Lost World Tourist Drive Map) instagram @crebrafarmhouse www.crebrafarmhouse.com/
- 8 to 10am -- Capture the magic of animal feeding with piglets, cows, chickens and more at Tommerups Dairy farm location - 2142 Kerry Rd Kerry (number 1 on the Lost World Tourist Drive Map) instagram @Tommerupfarmstay www.tommerupsfarmstay.com.au
- 10 to11am -- Soak up stunning rugged mountains with views over Lost World Valley and World Heritage listed Lamington National Park. Byo morning tea. Location - Cedar Glen road, picnic table on the hill just past the entry to Worendo Cottages (number 6 - Lost World Tourist Drive Map)
- 11 to 11.45am -- Journey along the Lost World Tourist Drive, travelling over Darlington-connection road to finish up at the headwaters of Christmas creek, Lamington NP entrance. Location - concludes Lamington NP carpark, end of Christmas Creek Road ( footprint icon - Lost World Tourist Drive Map)
- 11.45 to 1.45pm -- Walk in rainforest, swim, enjoy lunch and snap away. Here the crystal-clear rapids of Christmas Creek tumble and snake their way through dramatic strands of tangled forest - lot of space to get away from people if that's what you're after. There are no formed tracks, but if you stick to the creek, it would be hard to get lost. On a warm day, there's nothing better than a hidden rock pool or cascade for a dip. Location - walk through the carpark gate, head upstream (once in the park walk on the right-hand-side of the creek)
Things to do nearby
2 to 2.45pm -- Drop into nightfall camp for a sneak-peek at the luxury tents of Queensland's newest 'glamping' experience Light afternoon tea and internet for those who want to upload. Location - 3009 Christmas Creek Road (number 11 on the Lost World Tourist Drive Map) instagram @nightfallcamp www.nightfallcamp.com.au Visit Tamborine Mountain's sunset instameet on the way home -- why not top-off the day with one of their stunning sunsets, possibly including a paraglider or two if conditions are favourable.