Creekside camping on grassy flats and the closest camp ground to World Heritage listed Mt Barney National Park: Mt Barney Lodge is the perfect place for a south-east Queensland camping holiday or a bushwalking base, only 90 minutes drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Set in the foothills of the Scenic Rim’s name-sake mountains, Mt Barney Lodge specialises in eco-certified accommodation and adventure activities.
Points of interest
- Choose your level camp site on the grassy flats or under big shade trees and savour hot showers and flushing toilets in the modern amenity block.
- Well-maintained camp sites have easy access to creek swimming holes and children love being able to run free, playing ball games on the grass.
- If you don't have a tent or you just don't want the hassle, try a deluxe camper trailer experience, with all the camping gear you need supplied.
- Campers also love meeting the farm animals, bushwalking, participating in a sunset ecotour guided mountain walk or experiencing the thrill of rock climbing and other more energetic and challenging adventure activities.
- At the end of each day, you'll find nothing better than savouring the views during a sunset drink or dinner, before relaxing around your campfire - make sure you bring the marshmallows for toasting!
Things to do nearby
- Mt Barney Lodge is on the door-step of World Heritage Mount Barney National Park. With some of the best bushwalking south-east Queensland has to offer, there's easy, relaxed routes as well the more challenging climbs for those with lots of experience.
- If you're looking for something different, Classi di Cucina offers pizza-making and Italian cooking classes or you could go wine-tasting at Barney Creek Vineyard, part of the Scenic Rim wine trail.
- You can also enjoy pub lunches and old-fashioned country hospitality, if you choose to go sightseeing in Boonah and Rathdowney.