Relax in the comfort of a Queenslander holiday homestead, ease into the rustic character of a Scenic Rim cabin, delight in the phenomenon of ‘glamping‘ or soak-up the outdoors in a Mt Barney camping experience beside the creek.
Mt Barney Lodge is a genuine down-to-earth holiday in the foothills of the Scenic Rim’s name-sake mountains, specialising in eco-certified accommodation and adventure activities.
Mount Barney Lodge’s two traditional homesteads are charming, original and as a guest, all yours.
Points of interest
- Homesteads can sleep 2-15 people - your experience can be one of romance or throw the doors open to family and friends.
- Rustic cabins sleep 2-10 people for family holidays and groups or just two. Each cabin has its own private deck with stunning views of Mt Barney.
- Corporate Campout is a unique wilderness camping experience where meals and activities are taken care of, as well as solo accommodation in 2-man expedition tents with comfy Exped mattresses and full linen.
- Do as much or as little as your mood dictates: find a quiet spot to read, swim in the creek, meet the farm animals, enjoy a bushwalk through National Park, take part in a sunset ecotour, a guided mountain walk or experience the thrill of rock climbing and other more energetic and challenging adventure activities.
- We offer home-cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner options on order. For other meals, you will need to bring all your own food and drink.
All accommodation is self-contained and linen is provided at extra cost.
Things to do nearby
- Mt Barney Lodge is on the door-step of World Heritage Mount Barney National Park. With some of the best bushwalking south-east Queensland has to offer, there's easy, relaxed routes as well the more challenging climbs for those with lots of experience.
- If you're looking for something different, Classi di Cucina offers pizza-making and Italian cooking classes or you could go wine-tasting at Barney Creek Vineyard, part of the Scenic Rim wine trail.
- You can also enjoy pub lunches and old-fashioned country hospitality, if you choose to go sightseeing in Boonah and Rathdowney.