Tamborine Mountain Glow Worm Caveseco-certified, family fun, glow-worm caves, Mt Tamborine attractions
Come with us on a Glow Worm tour, as we guide you through our purpose-built cave, filled with thousands of glowing Glow Worms! We offer the only opportunity in Queensland to see Glow Worms during the day, and over the course of 30 minutes, you’ll meet a Glow Worm up close and learn all about their life cycle and behaviour. Our cave features a colony of native Mt. Tamborine Glow Worms, and is part of a long-term breeding program, so your admission helps support and ensure the survival of the species in South East Queensland for future generations!
Glow Worms require very specific environmental conditions and the cave has been fitted with equipment to maintain these conditions throughout the year, providing the perfect environment for a healthy Glow Worm colony. This means you are guaranteed to see THOUSANDS of Glow Worms inside our cave all year round.
The experience is one you have to see to believe!
Points of interest
- Tamborine Mountain Glow Worm Caves have been carefully designed and built to meet the very specific conditions glow worm colonies need to survive and stay healthy.
- Tamborine Mountain Glow Worm Caves are an eco-certified attraction, which is helping to preserve these incredible critters by creating the permanently moist habitat, essential for their survival. In the wild, glow worms are dependent on rainforests and wet caves, however in Australia suitable rainforest habitat is shrinking due to climate change and human impacts.
- Tamborine Mountain Glow Worm Caves is the perfect place to see glow-worms without impacting on local rainforests. Well-designed access to the Tamborine caves means more people are easily able to see this phenomena for themselves.
- Tamborine Mountain Glow Worm Caves are located within Cedar Creek Estate Vineyard & Winery. The winery has many wonderful features including a restaurant, Cellar Door and Queensland Wine Centre tastings and Wild Duck Lake.
Things to do nearby
- Tamborine Mountain Glow Worm Caves is one of a number of attractions on Mt Tamborine. For a fun day out, consider joining the hop-on-hop-off trolley tour - it's a flexible and fun way to see the mounain, especially for families and with 15 set stops you can do as much or as little as you like.
- Explore Tamborine National Park and Tamborine Skywalk for rainforest experiences or spend time in Gallery Walk's art galleries, boutique shops and cafes.