The experience of a bye-gone era awaits guests to Thistledown’s romantic Mount Barney retreat.
Choose between elegant Queenslander homestead bed and breakfast rooms or the intimate and secluded Scenic Rim holiday cottage, both of which which sit neatly in a series of closed perfumed gardens below the captivating peaks of Mt Barney.
Thistledown’s ‘Roseland Homestead’ is a beautifully restored turn of the century (1900) historic Mt Barney bed and breakfast experience which is lavishly furnished throughout.
Points of interest
- Roseland Homestead has two B+B guest rooms, a living room rich in luxurious detail and a traditional grand dining room, where guests enjoy sumptuous candlelit dinners.
- Thistledown's enchanting self-contained cottage is a romantic weekend hideaway, with two meticulously appointed bedrooms, as well as a cozy living room with a wood fire.
- Meals are a highlight at Thistledown Country Retreat - guests are invited to ‘dress up’ to savour good company and food in candlelight, with fine china and gleaming silverware.
- Cottage guests can bring all their own food or sample Micheline's renowned hearty cuisine, delivered to their cottage. Dining outdoors, under a star-studded sky, is also popular.
- Thistledown's special brand of hospitality extends to generous picnic hampers, body massages and scented spas. Also try gentle country walks or challenging mountain climbs for the enthusiastic.
Things to do nearby
- Thistledown is set close to World Heritage Mt Barney National park and its trails are popular with Queensland bush-walkers. In the Mount Barney precinct you'll also find private adventure opportunities including rock climbing and horse-riding.
- For those who prefer gourmet experiences, why not consider a Mt Barney cooking class, visit the local olive grove or even venture to the historic little town of Rathdowney where you'll find the 'Rathy Pub'. They do reasonably priced meals, as well as take-away beverages.
- To learn more about Thistledown visit their website or phone John and Micheline on (07) 5544 3232.
- Scenic Drives and day trips to nearby areas, including Moogerah and Maroon Dams, and the quaint town of Boonah.