Thunderbird Park – your rainforest adventure destinationactivities, Adventure, bushwalking, camping, challenge, flying fox, horse riding, kids activities, min golf, ropes, skirmish, swimming, thunderegg, zipline
Thunderbird Park™ – Where Adventure Joins Nature
Thunderbird Park on Tamborine Mountain takes adventure holidays to the top. This magnificent property is less than an hour from Brisbane and Gold Coast.
Come for the day or stay and play. This rainforest playground has it all. Onsite adventures make Thunderbird Park an exciting experience for every age group.
Find treasure filled thundereggs formed when dinosaurs roamed the earth, play laser skirmish in the jungle, tackle the high ropes course at TreeTop Challenge, boost the adrenalin with a thrilling ride on the Canyon Flyer, enjoy a horse trail ride or play a round on the championship mini golf course.
Explore the natural bushland along the walking tracks and see hundreds of colourful birds. Lucky visitors may catch a glimpse of Plato the Platypus. Enjoy breakfast with the birds, chill out on the Terrace or dine in style in the Rainforest Restaurant and Lounge Bar.
Take a break, enjoy the scenery and set up camp on the banks of Cedar Creek. All campsites have a fire pit and easy access to well-maintained amenities.
Thunderbird Park shares the rainforest property with Cedar Creek Lodges. Accommodation options range from contemporary rooms to stylish lodges and larger family holiday homes.
Points of interest
- View the scenery on horseback. Novice and experienced riders can trot through mountain rainforest and bushland. Pony rides can be arranged for the younger members of the family.
- Thunderbird Park is a wildlife and geological oasis. Find treasure in the world's largest thunderegg mine and take home a piece of Queensland. Explore the natural bushland, see rare birds, butterflies and Australian native animals including a platypus in their natural habitat. It’s fun and educational.
- One day isn’t enough to enjoy all the adventures. Stay on a shaded campsite under the stars on the banks of Cedar Creek or book in to the modern bunkhouses. Thunderbird Park shares the rainforest property with Cedar Creek Lodges. Holidaymakers can choose to stay in a stylish two bedroom lodge, a contemporary room or a larger family holiday home.
- Most holiday packages include breakfast; lodges and holiday homes have self-catering facilities and there are dining venues on site. Thunderbird Terrace serves drinks meals and snacks from early morning until late afternoon daily. Enjoy Breakfast with the Birds in the Rainforest Restaurant or book a table for dinner in the licensed restaurant.
Things to do nearby
- Take a walk through beautiful rainforest at The Knoll National Park.
- See hang gliders and para-gliders leap from the Rotary lookout on Sunday mornings.
- Stroll along Gallery Walk and shop for gifts, homewares and jewellery.
- Visit the weekend markets
- Take a tour of the wineries and see Australia’s smallest operating distillery on Beacon Road
- Explore the Cedar Creek Falls which are just a short walk away