Wallaby Ridge Retreat
Looking for a boutique romantic getaway with no crowds? This Gold Coast hinterland bed and breakfast is less than an hour away from Brisbane and 40 minutes to the Gold Coast beaches.
A hidden gem amongst towering gums, Wallaby Ridge features views from every window of your charming self-contained suite complete with verandah overlooking the stunning Scenic Rim mountains and boutique vineyard.
Enjoy a restful stay with a candlelit dinner in or learn something new with our Art Classes and Harvest retreats with cooking school.
Join us and share on Tumblr.
Points of interest
- Our generous country breakfast baskets brimming with home cooking and local produce themed on 100 diet principles are renowned with our past guests and make your stay so flexible. Our self contained facilities are wonderful for a budget holiday.
- Enjoy the salt pool, the romantic hilltop spa with commanding view of The Great Dividing Range and walk amongst extensive gardens, see the food gardens and say hello to the chickens and of course the wallabies.
- Come to our Harvest Cooking School retreats - plant, grow, harvest, cook and learn about Heirloom vegetables, make pasta, pizza, pesto or pickle - if its in abundance we will show you what to do with it to extend the life of your produce.
- Release the inner artist within with Art Classes and retreats tailored to your needs, experience new ways of seeing with local Artist Teachers with the inspirational surrounds of the Scenic Rim. Try new mediums, new techniques or just have a go and have fun in a positive supportive environment.
Things to do nearby
- Only a short drive to the country township of Canungra with its heritage charm, cute antique shops and great coffee. Expand your horizons with a circuit around Tamborine Mountain, take in rainforest walks and waterfalls, Art Galleries, artisan food and Scenic Rim farmgates.
- Have a wine tour with CorknFork and experience the local wines
- Why not try a Hot Air Balloon adventure, enjoy our dinner and balloon package<.li>
- Plenty of budget and midpriced dining options available for dinner in Canungra or Tamborine
- Make the trip to O’Reilly’s or Binna Burra to experience the Gondwana rainforest